Raspberry Pi - Model B
The Raspberry Pi is an ultra-low-cost, deck-of-cards sized Linux computer. Developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in the UK, the Raspberry Pi aims to put the fun back into learning computing by promoting the study of computer science and programming at a school level.
This purchase is for 1 x 512MB Raspberry Pi Board!
The Raspberry Pi Model B features:
- Model B Revision 2 Raspberry Pi with Mounting Points and 512MB RAM
- The Broadcom BCM2835 ARM11 (The one that you find in most smartphones) 700Mhz ‘System on Chip’ Processor (Similar performance to a 300MHz Pentium 2 Processor).
- Integrated Videocore 4 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) capable of playing Full 1080p High Definition Blu-Ray Quality Video (Roughly equivalent graphical processing power of an Xbox 1).
- 512MB RAM
- The free, versatile, and highly developer friendly Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
- 2 x USB Ports
- HDMI Video Output
- RCA Video Output
- 3.5mm Audio Output Jack
- 10/100Mb Ethernet Port for Internet Access
- 5V Micro USB Power Input Jack
- SD, MMC, SDIO Flash Memory Card Slot
- 26-pin 2.54mm Header Expansion Slot (Which allow for peripherals and expansion boards)
It is clear that this tiny computer will have many other applications outside of being just a learning tool. Demos already show the Raspberry Pi running games, word processing, managing spread-sheets and playing high-definition video. With access to the internet, through Ethernet or Wi-Fi (with a USB dongle), and a high definition output, the Raspberry Pi is an incredibly versatile piece of computing kit. Most importantly the Raspberry Pi gives every child in the country a chance to own a personal computer which they can develop, learn from, and play with, at an incredibly low cost and in an unbelievably small package.
The Raspberry Pi comes without any other peripherals.