WiFi Dongle - Tenda W522U - Dual Band 5Ghz
The W522U is a dual band wireless N600 USB adapter that provides maximum wireless speed up to 300Mbps over 2.4GHz and 300Mbps over 5.0GHz! Powered by Dual Band technology, the W522U can run both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands which helps to avoid signal interferences and maximize throughput - ideal for HD video streaming, high speed file transfers and wireless gaming on your Raspberry Pi!
The W522U provides soft AP, which can turn it into a hotspot for multiple users to access Internet, and WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), which helps you to secure your wireless network at a push of the WPS button.
The unit uses the plug and play Ralink RT3572 Chipset, which requires no set up or installation on Raspian, XBMC or OpenElec.
Please note. The W522U will work direct from the Raspberry Pi USB ports. However, Dual Band WiFi dongles are juicy, and you may require a USB hub for best results e.g. if you're having stability issues.
The Tenda W522U 5GHz USB WiFi Dongle Features:
- Tested for Compatibility with the Raspberry Pi
- Plug & Play - Requires No Installation. Can be used straight from the GUI via the WiFi Config Program.
- Ralink RT3572 Chipset
- 5GHz Compatible, for Inteference Free WiFi
- Complies with IEEE 802.11n (Draft 2.0), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b Standards
- Wireless Speed Up to 300Mbps
- Dual Band - Supports 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Transmit Power 18dBm (Max)
- Provides two work modes: Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc
- Supports Soft AP to allow other wireless network to be connected
- Operating Temperature: 0℃ to 45℃
- Supports PSP, WII and NDS connecting to Internet and Xlink Kai
- Supports Security: 64-/128-bit WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and WPS