HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Distance Measuring Module
Naturally, robotics applications are very popular but you'll also find this product to be useful in security systems or as an infrared replacement if so desired. You will definitely appreciate the activity status LED and the economic use of just one I/O pin.
The HC-SR04 sensor measures distance using sonar; an ultrasonic (well above human hearing) pulse is transmitted from the unit and distance-to-target is determined by measuring the time required for the echo return. Output from the sensor is a variable-width pulse that corresponds to the distance to the target
- Model: HC-SR04
- Color: Blue + Silver
- Working voltage : 5V(DC)
- Static current: Less than 2mA.
- Output signal: Electric frequency signal, high level 5V, low level 0V.
- Sensor angle: Not more than 15 degrees.
- Detection distance: 2cm~450cm.
- High precision: Up to 3mm
- Mode of connection: VCC / trig(T) / echo(R) / GND
- Module Working Principle:
- Adopt IO trigger through supplying at least 10us sequence of high level signal
- The module automatically send eight 40khz square wave and automatically detect whether receive the returning pulse signal
- If there is signals returning, through outputting high level and the time of high level continuing is the time of that from the ultrasonic transmitting to receiving