Raspberry Pi B+
€ 24,95 (including VAT)
The upgraded Raspberry Pi B.
More USB ports, more GPIO, better power supply, four mounting holes, less sticky-out SD card! Yep, that's right, the fantastic engineers at Raspberry Pi HQ have blessed us with a new design. They've taken all the feedback over the last 3 years and rolled out a nice updated Pi with many fixes and extras..
Here's a brief overview of what's new
- Dual step-down (buck) power supply for 3.3V and 1.8V
- 5V supply has polarity protection, 2A fuse and hot-swap protection (so you can plug/unplug USB without resetting the board)
- New USB/Ethernet controller chip
- 4 USB ports instead of 2 ports
- 40 GPIO pins instead of 26. The top/first 26 pins match the original layout, 9 additional GPIO and 2 EEPROM Plate identification pins
- Composite (NTSC/PAL) video now integrated into 4-pole 3.5mm 'headphone' jack
- MicroSD card socket instead of full size SD
- Four mounting holes in rectangular layout
- Many connectors moved around
What's not new:
- Same basic size, 85mm x 56mm
- Same Processor, Broadcom SoC running at 700MHz (can be overclocked)
- Same RAM, 512MB soldered on top of the Broadcom chip
- Same power connector, microUSB
- Same software - be sure to run the latest Raspbian/NooBs but otherwise the overall Linux software is the same
- First 26-pins of GPIO are the same
- Same HDMI port
- Audio part of the A/V jack is the same
- Same Camera and DSI Display connector
So, basically, its the same single-board Linux computer you've known and loved but all cleaned up and easier to use. The good news is many of your existing accessories like cables, hubs, keyboards, monitors, etc will work fine. Many Pi Plates (PCBs that plug into GPIO port directly) will also work.
PLEASE NOTE: THE B+ USES MicroSD. Not regular SD cards.