ULN2803A: 8 Channel Darlington IC - Solenoid, DC & Stepper Motor Driver
Bring in some muscle to your output pins with 8 mighty Darlingtons! This DIP chip contains 8 drivers that can sink 500mA from a 50V supply and has kickback diodes included inside for driving coils. This will let your little microcontroller or microcomputer power solenoids, DC motors (in one direction) and unipolar stepper motors. The inputs can be driven by 3.3V or 5V logic and the IC fits nicely in any breadboard or perfboard.
Please note, this is an 'open collector' driver - it can only be used to connect the load to ground and there will be a 1 Volt (or more) 'drop' across the internal transistors.
This is a genuine Toshiba part, not a cheap replica!
The ULN2803: 8 Channel Darlington IC (Solenoid/Unipolar Stepper Driver) Features:
- The ULN2803APG / AFWG Series are high−voltage,high−current darlington drivers comprised of eight NPN darlington pairs.
- All units feature integral clamp diodes for switching inductive loads.
- Applications include relays, hammer, solenoid, unipolar steppers, lamp and display (LED) drivers etc.
- Output current (single output): 500 mA (max)
- High sustaining voltage output: 50 V (min)
- Output clamp diodes
- Inputs compatible with various types of logic.
- Package Type−APG : DIP−18pin