mBot is a low cost, easy-to-run robot kit for kids to get hands-on experience about graphical programming, electronics, robotics. It is an all-in-one solution for robotics learning and designed for STEM education.
The mBot contains only about 45 pieces in total, so it is easy to assemble in a short amount of time.
What can you do with mBot...
- Build a wall avoidance robot
- Build a line follower robot
- Play some musical tones.
- Control the robot by remote control provided or standard TV remote
- IR communication with other mBots for robotic cooperation like dancing.
- Interact with Scratch, using sensors to play games and stories in Scratch 2.0.
- Controlled by App to play football or....
New features in mBlock:
- Based on scratch 2.0 developed by MIT Media Lab, nice interface and easy for everyone.
- Free & source code: the software is free and support Window & Mac systems. We will also open the source code later.
- Supports wireless communication: you can use Bluetooth or 2.4GHz wireless serial to communicate with mBot. And download the program wirelessly is supported.
- Supports standard Arduino boards, like Arduino Uno, Lenardo boards, Makeblock mCore(Based on Arduino Uno) and etc. With open communication protocols and source code, it is easy to add new support for new hardware.
- Easy to use: No additional helper app. The easiest way to program your Arduino and robots.
- Arduino mode: perfect for every beginner to switch from graphical programming to text-based programming. See more improvements we made for easy teaching and learning from BELOW
mBot compared to other robotkits: