12-Bit PWM PCA9685 16 Channel Servo Motor Driver IIC ModuleSKU: VOC-ARD009685
Using only two pins, control 16 free-running PWM outputs! You can even chain up 62 breakouts to control up to 992 PWM outputs
It's an i2c-controlled PWM driver with a built in clock. That means that, unlike the TLC5940 family,
you do not need to continuously send it signal tying up your microcontroller.
It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V microcontroller and still safely drive up to 6V outputs.
6 address select pins so you can wire up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs
* Adjustable frequency PWM up to 1.6 KHz
* 12-bit resolution for each output - for servos, that means about 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate
* Configurable push-pull or open-drain output
* Output enable pin to quickly disable all the outputs
* Terminal block for power input (or you can use the 0.1" breakouts on the side)
* Reverse polarity protection on the terminal block input
* Green power LED
* 330 ohm series resistors on all the output lines to protect them, and to make driving LEDs trivial
This PCA9685 is unbranded making it cheaper then it's Adafruit counterpart.
It's also pre-soldered and has a capacator.