Power Bank - 8000mAh 5V 1A USB Portable Power Supply
Power Bank from ModMyPi is a powerful portable solution for keeping your Raspberry Pi powered anywhere! Boasting a massive 8000mAh power capacity and 5.25V 1A output, this portable charger has enough juice to keep your Raspberry Pi powered for extended hacking periods. In testing, a Model B running a simple Python script lasted 5 hours! For most applications, you can expect a fully charged Power Bank to keep a Model B Pi alive for anywhere between 3 and 7 hours, and a Model A for even longer!
We've had the output voltage increased slightly in order to provide a clean 5.25V rather than the 'standard' 5V. The Raspberry Pi, when plugged in to numerous peripherals will draw a significant current through the USB cable, resulting in a voltage drop. Raising the original output voltage of the Power Bank counteracts any voltage drop, meaning the Raspberry Pi will receive a steady voltage of 5V or slightly over. This reduces problems, such as repeat keyboard strokes, peripheral cut-outs, random restarts, intermittently slow Ethernet or Wifi connections, or worst of all not even power the Pi at all!
The Power Bank is compatible with almost any USB device, and has enough juice to fully charge a smart phone more than 3 times over, or provide hours of additional usage for tablets, mp3 players, eBook readers & many more.
The unit includes a USB to micro USB cable, a bright blue digital power indicator (so you can tell when the power will run out), and an ultra bright white LED torch!
- 8000maH Lithium battery
- Input - Micro USB 5V/1A
- Output - USB 5.25V/1A
- Digital display power indicator
- LED torch - touch the power button twice to switch on/off
- Standby Time - 30 days
- USB to micro USB cable included
- Battery: Li-Ion Polymer
- Dimensions: 100mm x 75mm x 23mm
- Charging Life Cycles: 1000 times
How to Use
- To charge the unit, simply plug a micro USB charger into the micro USB port on the Power Bank.
- To use the charger, plug your Raspberry Pi (or USB device) into the USB socket on the Power Bank.
- To turn the torch on/off. Double tap the button next to the power indicator.
- To view the current charge of a unit on standby, tap the button next to the power indicator once.
- Please Note. Due to the huge capacity, the Power Bank can take a significant time to charge (Usually 4 to 8 hours).
- Please Note. You cannot charge and discharge the Power Bank at the same time.